account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

False positives when answering a call

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

False positives when answering a call

Hello. When answering incoming calls, very frequent false positives occur on the screen. That is, the screen does not automatically lock when approaching the head / ear

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: False positives when answering a call

This happens only under the following conditions:
1) the phone must be completely locked (i.e., the screen is completely off and nothing is displayed on the screen);
2) only for incoming calls.
And after answering the phone starts to function normally (i.e. turn off the screen when offering to a part of the body) only if you answer the call and wait for about 10 seconds without touching the phone.
For outgoing calls or incoming calls, but with an unlocked screen, everything works clearly. And there are no false positives. Those. bringing the phone closer to your head at a distance of about 2cm. the screen turns off automatically.
From the experiments I carried out, it was established that when an incoming call comes from an initially locked screen
Proximity sensor testing was successful.
Safe mode did not help.
The phone was reset to factory settings - did not help.
The software was restored - it did not help.
The phone has the latest software version.
The phone is not rooted.
There are no protective films and glasses on the screen.

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

2 possible things to trace the problem.

- how is it in safe mode?

- is there any obstruction for the proximity sensor?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Такая-же проблема.xz2. Диагностика показывает что все работает нормально. Пробовал переключение режимов чехлов, перчатки - эффект нулевой. 

The same problem.xz2. Diagnostics show that everything is working fine. I tried switching modes of covers, gloves - the effect is zero.

gt

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

This happens only under the following conditions:
1) the phone must be completely locked (i.e., the screen is completely off and nothing is displayed on the screen);
2) only for incoming calls.
And after answering the phone starts to function normally (i.e. turn off the screen when offering to a part of the body) only if you answer the call and wait for about 10 seconds without touching the phone.
For outgoing calls or incoming calls, but with an unlocked screen, everything works clearly. And there are no false positives. Those. bringing the phone closer to your head at a distance of about 2cm. the screen turns off automatically.
From the experiments I carried out, it was established that when an incoming call comes from an initially locked screen
Proximity sensor testing was successful.
Safe mode did not help.
The phone was reset to factory settings - did not help.
The software was restored - it did not help.
The phone has the latest software version.
The phone is not rooted.
There are no protective films and glasses on the screen.