account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Drop calls after Pie update

Adept
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Drop calls after Pie update

After the recent Pie updates, can't help but noticed that my calls are frequently being dropped. This is most apparent whilst traveling in my car πŸ˜‘

Didn't face such an issue back in Oreo thus am very certain it's due to Pie as never added new Apps or anything else etc. Anyone else facing this issue? πŸ€”

9 REPLIES 9
Rookie
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Drop calls after Pie update

Hello. Did you solve this problem, please?

Adept
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

After doing a full factory reset, issue seems to have disappeared for now πŸ€”

Rookie
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Didn't the factory reset take you back to Google 8 Oreo? 

Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

No, a factory reset does not change the firmware. If you are on Android 9 then it stays on Android 9.

Rookie
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

After Android 9 reinstall... same problem. Slightly frowning Face

Is the total reinstallation of the software sufficient, or should I still try to restore the factory settings? That's probably unnecessary.
Is it okay that I have reinstated my backup data after I reinstall?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Not sure what you meant by reinstall but if it's just installation over existing O/S then it's akin to upgrading. Factory reset does not just reinstall but does a complete clean wipe without any previous settings being retained. Hope that helps 😊

Pioneer
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Did you try a software repair instead of just a reset?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Adept
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Didn't try that 🀷

Rookie
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

After clean Android 9 instalation using SONY Companion (Software Repair) - dropped calls during first 24 hours

After Factory Reset (without data recovery) - It seemsed to be ok for one week. Yesterday I couldn't make a call. After restart yes. Expressionless Face