account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Double tap to sleep screen

Adept
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Double-tap to sleep, I miss it

Yes, am using XZ2 ...... and Venom Theme currently .... 

Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

@CHAYsm

Go to Settings -> Display -> scroll down till you find "Ambient display" and enable it.

You might also need to enable "Disable touchscreen with screen off" to prevent accidental touches while the phone is in bag or pocket.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adept
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

@Quester wrote:

@CHAYsm

Go to Settings -> Display -> scroll down till you find "Ambient display" and enable it.

You might also need to enable "Disable touchscreen with screen off" to prevent accidental touches while the phone is in bag or pocket.

All the above had been enabled ☹️

One time poster
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

Double tap to wake

Hello, i am using the xperia xz2 after using the xperia z5, and wanted to ask why sony removed the double tap to wake up/sleep option. To me it was a great way to check the time and notifications without having to press the power button.

Any way somy could re-add this feature? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

Re: Double tap to wake

Hi @Nourbeyta!

The Xperia XZ2 does not support these features (tap to wake and tap to sleep) and I understand if you have previously had it, you are very used to it.

Since you used it mostly for checking the time and see if you had any new notifications, I would recommend that you enable Ambient display in your device, so you don't need to turn the screen on to see the time or if you have any new notifications. You can read more about the feature and how to set it up on the link below.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz2/userguide/ambient-display-settings/

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

With Ambient display settings required you lifted but we don't want to lift device and don't want to tab power button to sleep screen. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

Hi @hieu_hidro, welcome to our forum!

I understand exactly what you and other users want, but since it's not supported, you won't be able to turn the screen off by double tapping on it.

I will forward your feedback as well though! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.