account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Double tap to sleep screen

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Double tap to sleep screen

If lift to check is enabled you can double to get to the lock screen but it's easier just to by pass and hit the finger print scanner to unlock anyway

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

Double tap to sleep/wake was an extremely useful feature that I regularly used on my Z5.

Can this please be reported to Sony as a feature request in a future update?

Emperor
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

@0ctane82

Totally agree with you, but perhaps it has to do with the double tap on the sides on the new XZ3, perhaps Sony was working on this, thus, removing such feature on newer updates. Keep in mind that developing new devices take more than a year so it makes sense (that it was removed/replaced) 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

@uliwooly

While I see where you're coming from and agree if double tap to sleep/wake would interfere with the new side sense on the XZ3 then they would need to remove it, this doesn't justify removing it on the XZ2.

If it takes a year for development then Sony would have known they were developing the XZ3 when they released the XZ2 and could have enabled it on the XZ2 which does not have side sense and removed it on the XZ3. 

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

I absolutely miss this feature too! Double tap to open/sleep screen was such a convenient feature. Please bring it back Sony... Picking up your phone to open the screen isn't as convenient as tapping the screen.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

Re: Double-tap to sleep, I miss it

I totally miss the double tap feature for waking up/sleep screen. 

And where is the photo widget? 

Please bring this back!

Adept
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

It's still noted on the lock screen but can't or won't work 😑

Please do a proper job. Thks

Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

@CHAYsm

When you receive a new notification, your lockscreen with briefly light up in ambient mode. Only then you can double tap to fully wake up the screen.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adept
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

I received msg, only led blinked and screen doesn't respond to double tab 🤔

@Quester wrote:

@CHAYsm

When you receive a new notification, your lockscreen with briefly light up in ambient mode. Only then you can double tap to fully wake up the screen.

Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

@CHAYsm

You are using XZ2, aren't you? The above information only applies to XZ2 family at the moment.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.