account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Double tap to sleep screen

Learner
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

good afternoon, my name is max and the proud owner of a xz2. I am looking for a way to double tap so my screen is going to sleep. As said in this forum, the possibillity to manage this in settings (right hand corner) is not available on my phone. Who can help me? Thanks

26 REPLIES 26
Pioneer
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Double tap to sleep screen

Not sure in your phone. In mine (XA1), with Xperia Launcher installed, long press in home screen, rigth bottom settings icon, and there it is.

Learner
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Thanks for your reply. But that's just the possibillity i miss

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

Xz2 doesn't have it. My Xz1 didn't either. I use the app "Screen off via short timeout" 

Learner
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Thanks!

Apprentice
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Double-tap to sleep, I miss it

TrackID, I miss it

Double-tap to wake up, I miss it

Wrist strap hole, I miss it

Deep sad

Rookie
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

Re: Double-tap to sleep, I miss it

Totally agree! SONY, PLEASE bring back:

- Photo Widget (IMPORTANT!) (other substitutes are rubbish!)

- Wrist strap/ lanyard attachment (have to loop it round phone case so it's not that secure) (IMPORTANT!)

- Camera with options shortcut widget (IMPORTANT! and such a handy feature!)

- Double tap to wake up (IMPORTANT!)

- Lift to answer - never worked here or maybe once...

- What's New

- Track ID was great but Shazam works as well.

And improve overall performance, mainly camera error. Such a great phone [XZ2] to start with and going downhill after every "improvement".

Not happy Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

accessibility options

Not sure if this is the right address but let me try...

Could you add "double tap to wake screen" option under accessibility options:

I have limited finger movement which means I usually use my mobile phone laying down on the desk. It is pretty uncomfortable to take the phone, unlock it on the side button, return and start doing something without pushing some random button/option. This option was available on Z3 Compact and in communication with others, it was commonly used. Also, there were micro apps that let you screenshot without pushing the buttons what is also an issue for me.

I will not comment fingerprint sensors and curviness on the back.

These were options on the previous OS and someone decided to remove it, please let that someone un-remove it.

One time poster
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Is there an option to double tap the screen into sleep mode on my xz2, which I have just upgraded to from a z5 that had the feature? 

Emperor
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

@Paw10

I'm afraid not

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)