account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Does XZ2 have noise cancelling?

Regular
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Does XZ2 have noise cancelling?

Anyone know? Not seen it mentioned anywhere.

20 REPLIES 20
Emperor
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: Does XZ2 have noise cancelling?

@dankpfc

I've read reports that it does, but I'll escalate this to confirm it

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

No it doesn't because the adapter packaged with it has 4 piles while nc headphones have 5 poles neither is it mentioned in spec sheet

Adviser
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

Only through USB type C headphones

Regular
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

So the phone has the capability for nc? It's just a case of getting nc capable usb-c to Jack dongle? I have a pair of mdr-nc750 earphones that I'd like to use......alternatively will a pair of mdr-nc750 work?

Ulliwooly, any joy with escalating for confirmation?

Emperor
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

@dankpfc

no info just yet

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

@dankpfcwrote:

Anyone know? Not seen it mentioned anywhere.

GSMArena siad - have:"Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic" Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Learner
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

In the past, Sony has also offered on-smartphone audio noise cancellation, high-quality audio formats, and the smartphone industry's first 4K display all ahead of the market. According to GSMarena, it'll have an active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.

Commissioner
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

No it doesn't.

Music app doesn't have DNC option

Commissioner
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

sbh90c3 (1).jpg

Sony SBH-90c

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/2-way-style-usb-audio-bluetooth-headset-sb...

It does support, as they market "2-way style" direct connect to the Type-C connection or Bluetooth.

I think there is a tiny technicality of it's Bluetooth NC, vs, wired and tech inside phone. The cord allows charging headset at the same time. 

Now my question is: When plugged in, do you get the DNC digital noise cancelling audio setting in Xperia Music, or do you get 1000X line of a seprate app to download?

^

My bad.

I thought they were the successor to the Sony WI-1000X. They are not, they just visually look similar. My mistake.