account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Date Stamp

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Date Stamp

Will the new Sony Xperia XZ2 have an option to date stamp photos? This seems to be a super popular request but none of the current smartphones on the market seem to be able to do it, yet ALL stand alone cameras do it -- including Sony. What's up with that?

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Date Stamp

Hi @Munchiniwa, welcome to our forum!

Do I understand correctly that you are looking for something that will add a water mark/text in one of the corners on the pictures with date and time when the picture was taken? If that is correct, I'm afraid that there is no setting for this in the inbuilt Camera application, but I can see how it can be very useful so I'll make sure to forward your thoughts on this internally as user feedback! 

You can also take a look in the Google Play store and see if you find any camera applications that supports this feature!

I hope that helps, and if I misunderstood your question, please let me know! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.