account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Connecting XZ2 to TV or monitor using USB-C to HDMI adapter or docking station

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Connecting XZ2 to TV or monitor using USB-C to HDMI adapter or docking station

Hello, Why does not work connecting of XZ2 to TV or monitor using USB-C to HDMI adapter, docking station or Měl cable? Ale the oldest Sony flagships had this capability until now! Why Sony??? Most of the competitors like Samsung, HTC, Huawei have this ability. It is just the software case to allow this for you. When it will work? Appreciate that in these days small group of people still buying you smartphones and don't disable normal features.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connecting XZ2 to TV or monitor using USB-C to HDMI adapter or docking station

I have not tried a cable as I normally use screen mirror. But since the disastrous pie update hsving taken away alot of bssic functions, I can mo longer mirror. Have even tried s new connection and still nothing .

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connecting XZ2 to TV or monitor using USB-C to HDMI adapter or docking station

I have not tried mirroring on Pie yet but its not a solution for me. I need HDMI connection becouse of watching 4k content in h265 and mirroring is not good for this.