account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Cant listen to music on my headphones

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Cant listen to music on my headphones

Every time I try to listen to music on my headphones it says there is water in the socket and the headphones will not work. Has been like this since day 1. Any ideas how to fix  it?

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cant listen to music on my headphones

Hi @Gmcb118, I am sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried any other adapters in your device in orde to see if the same error message occurs?

If you get a pop-up error message indicating that the USB-C port is wet when connected to the EC260-adapter in completely dry conditions, this indicates that the EC260-adapter might be broken. In this case I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team in order to replace the adapter as a spare part.

Feel free to get back to me if you have any further questions! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks for the advice. I will try the support team again as last time they told me to factory reset the phone or try an update. If not I will buy one on ebay. Thanks for the support  Gillian 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

No worries, @Gmcb118!

Feel free to return if you have any further questions regarding your phone! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Martin wrote:

Hi @Gmcb118, I am sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried any other adapters in your device in orde to see if the same error message occurs? Xender Discord Omegle

If you get a pop-up error message indicating that the USB-C port is wet when connected to the EC260-adapter in completely dry conditions, this indicates that the EC260-adapter might be broken. In this case I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team in order to replace the adapter as a spare part.

Feel free to get back to me if you have any further questions! Slightly smiling Face

thanks for the advice. I will try the support team again as last time they told me to factory reset the phone or try an update. If not I will buy one on ebay.