account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Cannot log into google after software repair

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Cannot log into google after software repair

Good Day!  I bought two Sony XZ2 last year, one to keep as a spare.  I have used one flawlessly until last week when it got wet, which has happened before with no ill effect, but this time it took on water.  Thus, I pulled out the backup phone to use.  I believe I tried setting it up just for kicks when I bought it, but never used it.  I had forgotten the PIN, so I performed the recommended Software Repair via the sonymobile site.  Now, I cannot regain access to the phone from Google.  I only have two gmail accounts and neither works.  I can even try to access my account via my phone number, in which it allows me to reset the password, confirmed via email on my laptop, and it still will not let me in. 

Any suggestions before I ship it off to Sony to see if they can reset it?

Side quesiton:  Any idea what to do about the wet phone? It has spent days in rice and in the sun with no help yet.  It turns on, but the screen does not work.  I can barely make out the screen doing things, but not enough to do anything.

Thanks!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot log into google after software repair

Hi @Bradley2801, sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly frowning Face

If you reset the password for your Google account(s), you will need to wait 24 hours before you can verify with your Google credentials.

If it doesn't work with either of the accounts after waiting 24 hours, get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further.

Regarding the water damaged device, I would recommend that you send it to service, because it may not be your fault that water entered the device, but this has to be tested at the service centre at first. Your Local support team will assist you with this matter as well as I work Globally and the service routines varies between regions/markets.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks! I know i tried many times to get into the phone. The only password i reset was the one that linked to my phone number,  though both should do that.  I did not reset the password to my account i think is linked. 

As far as water damage, that phone is over 1 year old, so i believe it's out of warranty? At least that's what customer service led me to believe. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again @Bradley2801,

I see. As far as I know, it's only when you actually reset the password on the account and not when you only change the phone number that is linked with the account.

If you haven't done so already, make sure that you have the right username and password > wait 24 hours without resetting anything (password, phone number or anything) and then try and verify with these credentials.

The warranty can either be 12 months or 24 months and this will depend on where you bought the device and it will be noted in the warranty terms that you can find on the link below, just choose your country/market in the drop down list.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz2/supportDocumentation/

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.