account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Can't make phone calls

Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Can't make phone calls

Can't make phone calls

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't make phone calls

Hi @Neurotic4Life, let me see if I can help out here!

Is it possible for you to elaborate your question a bit? For example, do you receive any kind of error message when you try to make a call or does the call simply not connect?

Please do elaborate and I will do my best to assist you! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi Martin, there is no message whatsoever. I dial a number, it behaves as if it's trying to dial out and in about 10-15 seconds it gives a beep and disconnects.  Again, no message when this happens.  I can't even check voicemail.  It's not my wireless provider, as my boyfriend (same household) is having no trouble at all.  I was able to call out yesterday a couple times while in my vehicle while using my Bluetooth connection in my vehicle.  Makes zero sense to me?  I appreciate any help you can give.  This was not a cheap phone and I'm so worried it's not going to be repairable😟

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you @Neurotic4Life for your quick reply!

Firstly, could you check which network type that the phone is set to? In order to do this, find and tap Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Preferred network type. Also if your network provider supports VoLTE, check whether it is enabled or not. As you mentioned that your boyfriend did not experience the same behaviour, check if your Xperia device works with another SIM card. If it works better with another SIM card, I would suggest that you get in contact with your service provider since your SIM card might be defective and in need of replacement.

Another thing that you can try is to clear the data for the phone app. This will reset all settings for the app in question which might do the trick. Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > Show all XX apps > Phone > Storage > Clear data > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone. 

You can also try to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if the phone behaves the same way there. All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode and by doing this, you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.