account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't change home panel

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Can't change home panel

Screenshot_20180715-210905.png

In the picture is NOT my home panel. The phone is fresh from the box, just done the reular system updates and some apps installed.

As you can see, there is no available option to select this as my home panel, because the small button with a house symbol is not present on ANY of my panels, no matter how many I add. Must be somethting with the latest update. Anyone had similar problems, and how did you solve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pioneer
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: Can't change home panel

@Awoz

Do you have Google feed activated? See if you have a G at the left of dots for the panes in your screen, or you check in the settings of your "screenshot". As @alexdon mentioned, if you have Google feed active (you did not mention that or I missed it) you can not set the home page. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@Awoz so strange, this would happen when having the google feed panel active, where the one closest to the panel (left) is the home panel. Can you maybe restart the device?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Awoz;

Have you tried clearing Home Page app cache and data (you will have to configure it again after)?

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

wrote:

@Awoz so strange, this would happen when having the google feed panel active, where the one closest to the panel (left) is the home panel. Can you maybe restart the device?

Tried restarting, didn't help

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@NunoSEN2 wrote:

Hi @Awoz;

Have you tried clearing Home Page app cache and data (you will have to configure it again after)?

Gonna look into this, I'll see what I can do

Pioneer
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Awoz

Do you have Google feed activated? See if you have a G at the left of dots for the panes in your screen, or you check in the settings of your "screenshot". As @alexdon mentioned, if you have Google feed active (you did not mention that or I missed it) you can not set the home page. 

Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@Roadrunny76 wrote:

@Awoz

Inactivated google feed, then I could set home-pane!

Perfect, thanks