account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Build updates

Talent
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Build updates

Sony still looking into the matter.

Talent
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Sony management got back to me today and have said that FOTA is working as designed, when in my example the phone performed 5 lengthy updates taking hours, after my purchase. 

Someone purchasing a phone may therefore choose to do a software repair, out of the box, depending how long the phone has been on the shelf, so to speak. The XC repair will take a customer straight to the latest update/firmware.

Sony will be training their call centre/support staff on FOTA and not directing then to a repair centre in the future.

I hope this helps someone 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Hi again @huggons, thanks a lot for the update and I'm sorry that you had to wait so long for your answer and that you didn't get the right answer directly.

I hope that you are happy with the device and that everything is working as it should!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hi Jonas, got quite a few outstanding issues and bugs that is logged with Sony ATM. may post on here, but waiting to heare back. Has been a couple of months now though.

I appriciate all of your help and you taking an interest. 

Kind regards

Steve  

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Hi again @huggons!

If they have been reported to your Local support team, they will follow-up with you when they have received more information and I won't be able to speed up that process, sorry.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Talent
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for your message. I only wish that the local support team were able to log and follow up jobs, as per a "normal" support process. However for whatever reason, this is not within their capability. I have a number of outstanding reports, that are now with management, due to the failings of the normal support process failings.

Kind regards

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Hi again @huggons.

That must be very frustrating and very sorry to hear about this.

Depending on the case, it can take some time to get an answer, and I'm sure that as soon as they hear something, they'll let you know!