account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Learner
Message 41 of 59
Message 41 of 59

Re: Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Yes i have same speaker distortion issue. Sometimes its totally fine and some time doun dpeakspand sonetisom earpiece sound is distorted. I restart my device in safe mode and clear audio apo data and restart agsin then it works fine for many hours. But its not a complete solution. I think its software issue and sony is trying to keep maintain silence for his very first best phone. 

Its not fair that such problems occur and company not do anything. 

Xiaomi is the fastest growing company in the world now.

You know why because of their forums and comlaint  handling issues and supporting theri fans ,not abandon them with  devices designed by Company.

Learner
Message 42 of 59
Message 42 of 59

Hola saludos el problema se me resolvió con reparar el software con Xperia Companion! Sony debería de mejorar el sonido 

Hi regards, the problem was solved with repairing the software with Xperia Companion! Sony should improve the sound

gt

Learner
Message 43 of 59
Message 43 of 59

Sony XZ2 Rattels like cheap ikea

Hello Everybody 😊

Im just wondering if Any of you have the same problem, where the Phone rattels like a cheap ikea play Phone just by laying it on the table or if you get a message when you talk on the Phone or if you tap on the lower left back side when facing the screen it seems to be most apperent. I was in the store to ask for New but they only wanted to check it at workshop, where they whould dissasemble My only 4weeks old Phone and most likely just put it back together with some tape to fix the ratteling 🤔

Any one have a story like me or Any help to what to do ? 

Learner
Message 44 of 59
Message 44 of 59

Really!

Ok i'll try if it works. Then tell you.

Rookie
Message 45 of 59
Message 45 of 59

I had my phone for 6 weeks before the bottom speaker blew and they told me it was past warranty. I should have bought a Motorola with a one year warranty. The local shop wants $120 to replace the speaker.

Enthusiast
Message 46 of 59
Message 46 of 59

Re: Sony XZ2 Rattels like cheap ikea

Hi,

Yes I had this issue on Rev 3 and had to return it. This was after three Rev 2's with speaker issues.

Cheers

Inhabitant
Message 47 of 59
Message 47 of 59

My Top speaker has some strange distortion, but not on all frequencies.

You can hear it in this Video...

https://youtu.be/ot3rFUuC7sQ

You can hear the Top speaker making strange noise when above 50% Volume. Clearly audible on 250-1100Hz. Not happening if Volume too low or higher Frequency. Video Taken with a HTC10 4k HiRes Sound.
Learner
Message 48 of 59
Message 48 of 59

I want to acquire how many of you Xperia xz2 users install front and back protectors on glass back??

Who's Device speaker are not working fine.

One time poster
Message 49 of 59
Message 49 of 59

This is a design flaw and I have definitive proof (or the membrane that equalizes the pressure on the phone clogs)

When people said removing the sim tray and reinserting it "Fixed" it they were correct but for the wrong reason. What is happening with this phone is that it is supposed to let air in to equalize with the outside pressure. If not the speaker gets sucked in or pushed out and sounds like junk. This has to be done because if you are on a flight your phone could burst open otherwise.

I verifyed this on a flight. My phone was bulging out and the speaker sounded bad. I put the phone in diagnostic mode *#*#7378423#*#* and selected "Pressure sensor". The pressure in the phone was near atmospheric at sea level (1000mb). Upon removing the sim tray at 40000 ft it dropped to 790mb which is a huge difference indicating that my phone was not equaliberating.

So next time your phone sounds bad put it into diagnostic mode and record the pressure. If you pull the tray and the number changes by a lot it indicates your phone is not breathing with the atmosphere. It is supposed to let air in but not water. Also I bet your speaker will immediately sound better until the next time the atmospheric pressure increases or decreases with the weather.

Now my bottom speaker is broken due I think to changes in pressure on flights. I have to send it back.

Learner
Message 50 of 59
Message 50 of 59

To this day, i still has the same problems, sometimes it sounds great, and sometimes it sounds cracky and continuously, even if i do restart the phone, it stills make that teal bad sounds,

Is there any solution somehow did u try, or did u guys install something to fix it?