account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Talent
Message 21 of 59
Message 21 of 59

Re: Broken XZ2 audio speaker

What's your manufacturing date? I got mine replaced with a new one now.

Rookie
Message 22 of 59
Message 22 of 59

How long have you been waiting for warranty replacement ?

I have send mine 2 weeks ago and they still postpone it.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ2/Xpeira-XZ2-warranty-deadlines-and-possibilities/td-p/13290...

Learner
Message 23 of 59
Message 23 of 59

Depends on the service provider that you returned it to, you will have to follow up with them and get a ETA

Learner
Message 24 of 59
Message 24 of 59

Тhe solution is very easy, just download the sticker from the back of the phone that covers the print! I had the same problem!

Talent
Message 25 of 59
Message 25 of 59

Sorry, can you explain what you mean?

Apprentice
Message 26 of 59
Message 26 of 59

Can you say clearer

Learner
Message 27 of 59
Message 27 of 59

Not entirely sure, but I do think that proxy means, that you simply have to remove the sticker that covers the back once you unbox your device.

I personally went through 3 different versions of the XZ2 compact (2, Rev 4, q x Rev 6} within the last week.

All if them had this lower speaker syndrome".

Yesterday evening I stumbled across this board, read his message and once I had bad audio again, llifted the back sticker and boom: it seemed to have done the trick. (I haven't removed any of the protective covers/labels/stickers before, because I was about to return it once again.)

Haven't removed the back sticker completely so far, because I'd like to reproduce the error one more time in order to confirm this "solution".

Anyone else's experience?

Talent
Message 28 of 59
Message 28 of 59

@XxWaddexX wrote:

Not entirely sure, but I do think that proxy means, that you simply have to remove the sticker that covers the back once you unbox your device.

I personally went through 3 different versions of the XZ2 compact (2, Rev 4, q x Rev 6} within the last week.

All if them had this "**bleep**ty lower speaker syndrome".

Yesterday evening I stumbled across this board, read his message and once I had **bleep**ty audio again, llifted the back sticker and boom: it seemed to have done the trick. (I haven't removed any of the protective covers/labels/stickers before, because I was about to return it once again.)

Haven't removed the back sticker completely so far, because I'd like to reproduce the error one more time in order to confirm this "solution".

Anyone else's experience?

So I don't remember the sticker my phone was shipped with but as always I have removed everything and I can't imagine that people with this problem use their phones with stickers on...

Anyway thanks!

Learner
Message 29 of 59
Message 29 of 59

That's why I'm curious about everyone else's stories.

I never removed anything because I usually configure android, install my apps, configure them too and after that I remove all labels, put on a screen protection foil and make use of a phone cover.

I never got that far with all of my three devices though, because the sound seemed to be randomly shaddy. Usually one (up to multiple) reboot(s) seems to, temporarily, fix the problem, but it wasn't satisfying.

Bluetooth always worked great, even though the speaker went crazy again, so it's safe to say, that it ain't a software related problem.

Again: yesterday evening: bad sound, lifted the back label (which covers also the fingerprint sensor) and the sound instantly cleared up for good.

Of course, it could been a strange coincidence, but once again: prior to that the sound only got better through (multiple) reboots.

Even though I don't have a clue, what a label on the back of the phone has to do with the lower speaker.

Apprentice
Message 30 of 59
Message 30 of 59

I had the same problem with my XZ2 front top speaker, I ordered a replacement phone  just concerned that my phone only 5 days old to give a problem a already