account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Visitor
Message 51 of 60
Message 51 of 60

Re: Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Is there any issue with hardware i.e. speaker or is it a software issue ? i purchased it in Best buy. and now the same problem. It just distorting as device want. Its really annoying. Confuse whether to return the device or wait for s/w update. Same problem with xperia Z3 as well. So its consistent issue with sony mobiles. Its better to go for Iphone. Confirmed no any issues mobiles Slightly smiling Face. I think Sony dont at all test their devices after manufacturing.

Visitor
Message 52 of 60
Message 52 of 60

mine device box says Rev 4. Has same problem. Its really end user quality issue and not taken care at all.

Visitor
Message 53 of 60
Message 53 of 60

Even i read these issues after receiving the device. I thought its premium device so definately should not have any issue. But Sony prove me wrong. This same issue is consistent with other devices like Xperia Z3 (Its old but i have 1). Its seems that sony mobiles are not tested for quality. Slightly frowning Face and they even dont take any necessary action to correct it.

Enthusiast
Message 54 of 60
Message 54 of 60

Mine doesn't sound quite right now, especially on netflix .My XZ1 is a lot fuller and more immersive, seems to have improved since pie update but my XZ 2 has declined 

Learner
Message 55 of 60
Message 55 of 60

Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Да я уже месяца два как разобрался, почему трещат динамики! Они просто банально замерзают, причём при плюс 20 градусах по цельсию умудряются, когда воздух прям свежий! Узнать когда будет трещат очень просто - верхнюю или нижнюю грань трогаешь, там металл и если явно холодный, значит треск будет! В тепле все приходит в нормальное состояние. Например когда у меня в комнате было плюс 20 градусов по цельсию, но свежо и я нормально себя чувствовал в футболке, то телефону этого хватает, чтобы замёрзнуть и издавать треск с динамиков! Он для Африки сделан короче, в вечной жаре ходить! Телефон тоже менял, ничего не изменилось... Это косяк всей линейки моделей этих... И не заметно, что Сони учитывая репутацию свою о компенсации подумала бы! Огорчён из-за этого сильно... 3

Yes, I have two months already figured out why the speakers are cracking! They are just corny freeze, and at plus 20 degrees Celsius they manage when the air is fresh! It is very easy to find out when it will crack - you touch the top or bottom edge, there is metal there and if it is obviously cold, it means there will be a crack! In the heat everything comes to normal. For example, when my room had plus 20 degrees Celsius, but I was fresh and I normally felt in a T-shirt, then this phone is enough to freeze and make a crackle from the speakers! He made for Africa shorter, in the eternal heat of walking! The phone also changed, nothing has changed ... This is the cant of the entire line of models of these ... And it is not noticeable that Sony, considering his reputation, would have thought of compensation! Sorry because of this much ...

gt

One time poster
Message 56 of 60
Message 56 of 60

Re: Sony XZ2 Rattels like cheap ikea

I'm having this same problem with my new XZ2 Premium except I can replicate these issues at home. Under normal room temperatures it is around 985-990Mb and the upper speaker sounds blown (muddled, vibratey). If I cool it down (hold it outside because it's 35F right now) it'll go down to 970Mb and sounds fine. I did this a number of times to verify. Heat it up, sounds like crap, cool it down sounds fine. Anyone have a fix yet. Surprised the premium continued with this problem. 

Visitor
Message 57 of 60
Message 57 of 60

fixed: just pull the sim tray out, and pull the imei paper out. wait for a few seconds and let the inner and outer pressures equalize. put back everything. then it will fix the problem.

Visitor
Message 58 of 60
Message 58 of 60

just to add. it is a pressure issue not any hardware or software issue. so stop wasting your time and energy. pull the sim tray and imei paper and its done.

One time poster
Message 59 of 60
Message 59 of 60

Can you elaborate on this? I don't see any "paper" to pull when opening the Sim tray. This is on a premium though so it may be different. 

One time poster
Message 60 of 60
Message 60 of 60

Er meint oben im Kartenfach nach dem entnehmen der Karten kann man ein klein klein fitzel sehen diesen kann man heraus ziehen fuer die die imei karte aber Vorsicht ich weiß nicht ob NACH endfernung das handy noch versichert ist ich denke nicht... 

He thinks in the top of the card compartment after removing the cards you can see a small fitzel this one can pull out for the imei card but beware I do not know if after the removal of the cell phone is still insured I do not think ...

gt