account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 11 of 60
Message 11 of 60

Re: Broken XZ2 audio speaker

However, without enabling this feature, does the bottom speaker produce bad sound?

Learner
Message 12 of 60
Message 12 of 60

Tried all the settings, and the poor audio just seems to come and go when it feels like it.

Learner
Message 13 of 60
Message 13 of 60

I just received mine this morning (h8296), updated firmware and got it all set up.  Phone was definitely awesome....until the bottom speaker distortion.  No idea what happened, but anything playing through it was distorted.  I did a factory reset to prepare to exchange it, but tried again and so far so good; no distortion during the Xperia tests or while playing YouTube.  Maybe it's a software thing?  I haven't restored my accounts and apps yet, so who knows....

One time poster
Message 14 of 60
Message 14 of 60

I have the same issue of low speaker just like you. I emailed to sony korea today.

Learner
Message 15 of 60
Message 15 of 60

I had the same problem with my XZ2 front top speaker, I ordered a replacement phone  just concerned that my phone only 5 days old to give a problem a already 

Talent
Message 16 of 60
Message 16 of 60

I have it, too. Bottom speaker, is there anything I can do?

One time poster
Message 17 of 60
Message 17 of 60

Hi guys I have to change 3of the new xz2 due to all of them with broken speakers 

Learner
Message 18 of 60
Message 18 of 60

I went through 2 bad ones and finally had success on the third.  I noticed the first two said "Rev 1" on the box and the third says "Rev 2".  Maybe the early revisions had an issue?

One time poster
Message 19 of 60
Message 19 of 60

Hi all,i just unpack rev3 xz2compact and start music play and bottom speaker plays with distortion. Read this forum and during music play on_off DSEE. Now its ok. Very strange problem. Im wonder why sony didnt replay here yet

Apprentice
Message 20 of 60
Message 20 of 60

My sony xz2 h8266 is also compatible equivalently. loacuar it for a few hours then the baby and the broken sound