account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 62
Message 1 of 62

Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Hello everyone, I just got my new XZ2 and man its amazing, until the speaker went all weird. Any and all sounds when played through the speakers are muffled and distorted. I've done a full factory restart incase it was some sort of app that has caused the media levels to go weird but this is not the case. It sounds like the speaker has blown. Looks like I will have to send it back for repair. Anyone else having an issue with the speaker? And I'm guessing this kind of thing is covered under Sony Warren tyres since the phone is only hours old

61 REPLIES 61
Regular
Message 2 of 62
Message 2 of 62

Re: Broken XZ2 audio speaker

Yup mate, I have the same problem, one of the speakers which is on the top of the screen on full saund is distorted, looks like they put old speakers in to the phone, it sound unclear and I don't like it probably have to give back the phone 

Rookie
Message 3 of 62
Message 3 of 62

Snap! Similar issue with my bottom speaker started yesterday. Sound is distorted when playing music, ringing, receiving notifications and even locking the phone. Cleared up this morning but returned during the course of the day. I'm returning it to exchange for another one tomorrow morning. Shame as the phone is a beast. Hopefully it's just a defect affecting a few phones and not a model wide problem as it would be a major disaster for Sony.

One time poster
Message 4 of 62
Message 4 of 62

Same problem sound from lower speaker distorted and almost unbearable to listen to

Visitor
Message 5 of 62
Message 5 of 62

We'll I'm now onto my second XZ2 and everything is working well but I went to the shop and got a replacement. I think there could be just a few handfull of phones that have been effected.
My phone was preordered and delivered to my door, the thing I did notice was there was no protective packaging around the phone and was just put in a plastic bag. Perhaps this is something Sony should look into, and should make sure all venders of their phones send the phones out in protective packaging?

Rookie
Message 6 of 62
Message 6 of 62

Got mine changed as well and so far no problems. I also preordered but it was delivered to the store, it also had no protection just the plastic envelope. Also I found the 1st handset required a Sony software update on the first switch on, this wasn't the case with the replacement. I will say though the phone is a slippery fish which makes a phone case a must have if one is to avoid dropping it, or slipping off a table.

One time poster
Message 7 of 62
Message 7 of 62

Im having the same problem, especially when increase volume >50%.  Got the XZ2 few days ago and just going to give it back to the store. Thanksss for sharing.

Learner
Message 8 of 62
Message 8 of 62

I've been here for a while, and I've seen it all the way, see distortion, I've got a cambiado, I'm sorry for the problem, I'm a fan of XZ2

a mi me ha pasado iguali despues 4h se jodio el altavozal, se distorsionaba y me lo han cambiado, aun a si he tenido mismo problema con el segundo, volvere a cambiarlo, me gusta este XZ2

@josemaestrok

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Learner
Message 9 of 62
Message 9 of 62

Re: loudspeaker xz2

sorry for the late reply it has happened with two phones, just testing it 4h, comes and goes

siento la tardanza me ha pasado ya con dos telefonos, nada mas probarlo 4h,pero va y viene

@josemaestrok

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

One time poster
Message 10 of 62
Message 10 of 62

Got mine yesterday had this issue with my bottom speaker until I went to the sound settings and turned the DSEE on and now it's grand.