account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth not working

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Bluetooth not working

I have managed to connect my device to my car Bluetooth no problem but when trying to connect to my headphones it won't show the accessories. The list is bringing up other devices which aren't mine. I can connect my headphones to other devices so I know the Bluetooth function works on the accessories but won't show on my phone. I have tried resetting the phone, resetting network settings and neither have worked. Any suggestions would be appreciated as its driving me mad that it won't work. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bluetooth not working

Have you tried to reset/enable the bluetooth pairing process on the headphones?

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes tried this. Connected them to my old phone just to check the issue is not with the headphones but they worked fine. Have tried two pairs of Bluetooth headphones and neither will connect to the Sony phone but both are working fine with other devices. 

Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

On your other devices/old phone under Bluetooth-menu; is your XZ2 phone visible?

If yes, it seems like the headphones needs to be reset or re-paired.

Otherwise if older headphones, you may perhaps have to change the AVRCP-setting for Bluetooth from version1.6 to 1.5 or lower. (Developer-mode)

All this assuming you are running stock ROM/phone unrooted.