account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth icon

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Bluetooth icon

I have lost my Bluetooth icon on my xz2  Can anyone help me to get it back. Also having problems connecting with my moto 360. Thanks for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bluetooth icon

Don't worry, you haven't lost your bluetooth-icon Grinning Face
Android Pie doesn't show the bluetooth-icon permanently anymore. Google wants to avoid cluttering the status bar with an icon noone really needs, especially in a time when many users have a smartwatch and the bluetooth-icon would be shown on the screen 24/7 for no reason.

You can see if bluetooth is on by pulling down the notification center, the bluetooth-icon should be highlighted.

Regarding the problems with your Moto 360 I'd try opening the bluetooth-seetings (long-press on the bluetooth icon in the notification center), deleting the watch, restarting the phone and pairing the watch again.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Don't worry, you haven't lost your bluetooth-icon Grinning Face
Android Pie doesn't show the bluetooth-icon permanently anymore. Google wants to avoid cluttering the status bar with an icon noone really needs, especially in a time when many users have a smartwatch and the bluetooth-icon would be shown on the screen 24/7 for no reason.

You can see if bluetooth is on by pulling down the notification center, the bluetooth-icon should be highlighted.

Regarding the problems with your Moto 360 I'd try opening the bluetooth-seetings (long-press on the bluetooth icon in the notification center), deleting the watch, restarting the phone and pairing the watch again.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much for your help and quick response. I'm glad I've done nothing wrong  I'll be looking into the moto a bit more indepth  Thanks again 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Madmax2005!

As @skycamefalling wrote, sometimes, a Bluetooth icon will be shown in the status bar if you connect a Bluetooth accessory to your device. Other times, the icon will not appear. It depends on the accessory and supporting app.

Regarding the Moto 360, let us know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.