account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Blocking anonymous callers, request.

Regular
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Blocking anonymous callers, request.

How is possible the phone not have this function??

Budget phone have it! 99% of phone have it! 

Cmon Sony fix it. 

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Blocking anonymous callers, request.

@Rubex

You can install a third party app, also, you might want to contact your carrier and request to filter all unknown/hidden/private numbers. 

Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

So, this is a workaround, not a solution. 

Support Sony only linked a YouTube video... It work only for visible number.. LoL

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@Rubex

I've  escalated this, I totally agree with you, it'll be amazing to have an option to 

1 block unknown numbers (any number that it's not in your contacts)

2 block private / restricted numbers 

and I'm not sure if this is more on the network side but an option to choose between blocking which means they won't be able to leave a voicemail, and just send them directly to voicemail, again, w/o having to add the number as a contact.

#MakeItHappenSony

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Rubex, sorry for the late reply, however I received some more information about this just now.

Currently, there is no option to block calls from hidden numbers in the phone app. However, we are always monitoring our customers' expectations, and if there is strong demand, we will consider adding this functionality in the future.

I'll make sure to forward your feedback and have a great day! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Count me in the interested customer numbers then.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi, 

Some news about this topic ?

465 hidden calls in one week 😒😒...

Thkx, 

Bcd

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Bcd09, welcome to our community!

I'm afraid that I have not heard anything new about this and if you receive that many calls from hidden/unknown numbers, look for an application in the Google Play store that can block these, or get in touch with your operator and see if they can help you block calls from hidden numbers.

In the country where I'm situated, a lot of calls from hidden numbers are coming from doctors and so on, so I would not block them even if there was an option to do so, but this can of course be different where you live.

I'll make sure to forward your feedback as well and have a nice day!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.