account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Battery Drain Xz2

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Battery Drain Xz2

I have an unexpected battery drain.
This my 2nd day I am using a phone and when my phone is idle it eats like 40% in 2hrs. And onscreen use time is 17minutes. ..please help 😣 
_20180416_081258.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Re: Battery Drain Xz2

What is this RCS app on top of the list??

A quick search came up with a similar problem related to RCS on Android Oreo on a different brand of phone:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/rcs-draining-battery.657535/

Perhaps try to disable/un-install the RCS app?

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

@AzeeZ3

1. I see that "Phone Idle" process has consumed 3% only in 2 hours, not 40%.

2. Give the phone a few days to get its battery consumption stabilize before you make conclusions.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Please cheked full details. Better is reached 62% and screen use time is 17m and phone idle process has consume 3% battery.. Is it not look like battery issue

Screenshot_20180416-080815.png

Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

@AzeeZ3

I think the last recharging cycle was not a full one.

To produce more accurate stats: charge your phone to 100%, use it normally until it reaches 15-10%, take a screenshot of the consumption graph and the highest consuming apps/processes then post all the data here.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Please find the details.

Battery drained from 100% to 10% within 4. 30hrs and screen usage time is 50 minutes. It's an issue with my phone. Screenshot_20180416-133312.pngBetter graph

Screenshot_20180416-133401.pngProcess consuming the power

Screenshot_20180416-133409.pngScreen usage since full charge

Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

@AzeeZ3

I think a badly coded 3rd party app can cause this. Again recharge your phone to 100%, but restart it into safe mode once full and test the battery drain. This will disable all installed 3rd party apps, so if the problem is resolved then one of your installed apps is causing this issue and you have to figure out which one. Start by uninstalling those apps you installed recently.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

What is this RCS app on top of the list??

A quick search came up with a similar problem related to RCS on Android Oreo on a different brand of phone:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/rcs-draining-battery.657535/

Perhaps try to disable/un-install the RCS app?

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

There is no option of disable /un-install for RCS app. I thing it is pre-installed app

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

I paid lot of bugs and waited for more than 4month for this phone.. I am using Same apps on my z3+ and other brand and there is no issue.i m not agree with the solution provided(I am customer not tester)  being fan of Sony this is not good.. Show some other options

Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

@AzeeZ3

This is not testing, it's an attempt to narrow up the reasons. Your other option is to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

There's also a choice to contact your Local support and get your phone examined by a professional.