account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Battery Care custom settings

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Battery Care custom settings

Is it possible to customize the settings of "battery care"? Does Sony provide any app to do so?

With my Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact I can only swith the toggle in the android settings if I want to use "battery care".

On the website https://www.sonymobile.com/ch-de/products/phones/xperia-1/

the picture shows the possibility to activate a custom mode for battery care for the Xperia X1:

SonyBatteryCare.png

I thougt that the software of these phones is quite similar? Is it possible to get the custom battery care for the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact too? In the best case I would like to have options like never charge more than 80% only start charging if below 70% and so on.

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Battery Care custom settings

@Neinkob 

It's not possible with other Xperias that I'm aware of, but I will escalate this, make sure to send your feedback to Sony >>> https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Pioneer
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Neinkob

At first sight this custom mode seems pretty impressive.

It doesn't give choices on battery charging level.

It just gives you the possibility to set fixed times for start and finish of battery care.

So if you set 22:00 and 08:00 it activates battery care when charging after 22:00 and will charge from 90 to 100 between 7 and 8.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Neinkob, sorry for the late reply.

It's currently only the Xperia 1 that has the custom feature where you can set the time yourself and regarding if other devices will receive it we will continue to listen to customer feedback and evolve the software for Xperia smartphones.

I will make sure to forward your feedback as I really do think it would be a good addition when you can change it on your own, instead of having to charge the device at roughly the same times every day.

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.