account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Applications icon removed, how to restore it

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

By mistake the application shortcut icon was removed, how can I restore it? Thank you

Icona applicazioni rimossa,come ripristinarla

Per errore è stata rimossa l'icona del collegamento alle applicazioni, come posso ripristinare? Grazie 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Applications icon removed, how to restore it

@Grade 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Open the app drawer > long press the app icon > once it vibrates > drag it to the top of the screen > then move it around anywhere on the homescreen.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Applications icon removed, how to restore it

Hi @Grade, welcome to our community!

If you tap and hold on an empty area on the home screen > tap "Settings" in the bottom right corner > disable the function called "Enable swipe-up" and you should have the icon for accessing all the applications on your home screen again.

What the actual feature does it that it disables the button and you will have to swipe up on your home screen to access your applications, but I understand having the icon can be more convenient! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.