account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Anyone has the zx2, need to ask a question regarding the LCD panel.

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Anyone has the zx2, need to ask a question regarding the LCD panel.

Thanks for the reply, I went to the Sony service centre yesterday to have it fixed, collected it today, they gave me a new phone, but same problem, I think they all have this problem, I don't see how Sony can produce a bad display with all these years experience in AV tech and LCD technology, it's one of the worst i've seen. Also Sony Hong Kong (service centre) the worst customer service i've experienced. I even wrote to them with the same photo posted, here is the reply I got from them.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Xperia Support  by Sony.

Thank you for you email. According to your description, Due to the difference application program of the third-party Apps. we suggest you try to update, remove and reinstall this Apps, or try the other software instead to make sure the problem. Meanwhile, you can contact the App ‘s hotline service according to this problem for more information. The above information for your reference, thank you

Thanks for contacting Xperia Care. For any more inquiry you might have, please feel free to contact us again. We are always more than willing to be at your service. Xperia Care always offers you the best service. To know more, please visit website at www.sonymobile.com/support.

Thanks again for your email.

Kind Regards,

Jenny Fan

Xperia Customer Services

S-E
Apprentice
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

I first thought that this issue was related to temperature also but I noticed it happening when I wiped my screen after a phone call. Thin, horizontal lines on the screen that disappeared after some seconds.

I've tested this a few times on both my own device and a demo device in a shop and I confirmed that it must be an aspect of the screen itself as both showed the lines. I'm unsure if it's part of the matrix of the display or part of the LCD? 🤔😵

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

For me it seem more like temperature, coming out of my back pack or pocket, I only get this problem, some times just picking it up from my bed mattress also has this, but I have a heated under blanket.

I have my new unit now, I have noticed the lines when I first got it, but has not shown them afterwards.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Try rubbing ur finger across the screen really fast it will trigger the lines and spots across the screen (at least for me on XZ1 phones) 

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

If you are going to rub it really fast, it's just the same as changing the temperature, this will cause the screen to increase the temperature due to friction.

Learner
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

I have the same on few phones...rubish.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

just talked with german sony local support via chat and they say that this has to be send in to have it confirmed that this is a hardware issue. anyone want to send it in?

Learner
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Hi there,

I have the same issue with my XZ1. It seems that the quality of Sony Xperia's screens are very bad... Unbelievable for Sony, their TV are so good... It's like their cameras which are among the best but bad on their smartphones...

Talent
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Just noticed I have the same issue too, when gently wiping the display with a microfibre cloth.