account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Anyone has the zx2, need to ask a question regarding the LCD panel.

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Anyone has the zx2, need to ask a question regarding the LCD panel.

I have just purchased the Zx2, and I have noticed that the screen has horizontal lines about 2mm apart from top to bottom, this happens when i take it out of my jeans pocket and it's starts to fade away in a few seconds/minutes, is the a charactistic of this panel, the same thing also happens with my huawei, i'm sure it's not a defective panel, anyone notice this.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Anyone has the zx2, need to ask a question regarding the LCD panel.

It can happen on lcd devices that are cold, but will fade once warmed up.ive not seen this on a warm device to be honest tho if you've just gotten it, it may have been in transport for a while in the cold.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Thanks for the reply, i was sure it wasn't a defect as my huawei also has it, and i'm sure i can't be that unlucky, rather than coming from cold to warm, I think it's more of a sudden change in temperature.

thanks again.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Had the same issue on my XZ1, and it's with SBE for over a month, they say they are investigating if this is a manufacturer defect,  my XZ doesn't have that issue. Same temperature . Same condition 

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

IMG_20180406_191111.jpgI just bring out the zx2 out of my back pack or jeans, and the screen with light back ground you can see it, i've spoken to a friend who works as a xperia promotor for information , but hasn't even got any reply from the company, and her zx2 doesn't even have the problem. you can see the attactment.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Exactly the same thing , , just keep wiping it and you will see white spots too..... 

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

mine goes away after a few minutes or seconds, depends on the temp. i'm still considering if I should take it to the sony repair centre, not a place that I really like to go, but I do get 2 years warranty.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

how cold is the tempeture when this happens?

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

just like from my jeans to outside temp, or from my backpack, and it's not even cold the differences is like about 1-3*. 

Adept
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

I had the same problem with XZ1 and XZ1 Compact, I went through 3 different phones and all had the same problem that you are experiencing!

XZ1 after.JPG