account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie

Commissioner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Android Pie

Happy to inform you all i think XZ2 fans getting android pie with same number of XZ3 build number

click here to see more details and let us know the features and other things change. i am waiting for my XZP update. 

6 REPLIES 6
Adviser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Android Pie

Received it at 6:00pm PST 

So far, very seamless and smooth. Like the changes in the OS and UI. Although I wish gestures was implemented as well as ability to hide on screen navigation menu.

Talent
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Android 9 - 52.0.A.3.27

Just had a nice supprise from Sony and have received Android 9 - 52.0.A.3.27 here in the UK

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Re: Android 9 - 52.0.A.3.27

Mobile transfer appears to be broken in that it now does not allow apps to be transferred. 

Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

About Android Pie. The camera is almost like a Pixel. Notification on lock screen now come icons without text when the screen lights up. Gestures, no waiting for updates to Home. And more flexible settings Always on which works during screen light up. Gesture control is not present. The curtain was redrawn. In the curtain moved out the link and date. The charge is shown exactly in the status bar is not present, in the sounds there is possible output to various sources, in the developer menu change how many devices to connect, limit 5. The screen lights up, when the notification is broken now there icons only appear and the battery is always on. During the music song is written and the cover is or sticker in the settings can be removed. Recording conversations works. Settings redrawn. System UI Tuner was unable to start.

Screenshot_20181012-200931.pngScreenshot_20181012-201106.pngScreenshot_20181012-201117.pngScreenshot_20181012-201138.png

Highlighted
Talent
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Do we get AWOD with pie on Xz2 ?

Regular
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Re: Android Pie

I'd be careful with this update. My radios (WiFi, cellular) keep cycling on and off since installing it. It's not just data either, can't even accept phone calls. Slightly frowning Face

(Tawain Dual H8296)

It could be an app I have installed that isn't Pie friendly that is causing this to happen, not sure. I'll have to start uninstalling stuff. But it feels like it's the OS that is doing this.

Looks like I'm going to have to fall back to Oreo using XperiFirm.

Edit: it's definitely something to do with base Pie or Sony's changes on top of it and not an app. I booted in Safe Mode (by holding down the volume key) and the networks, both Wi-Fi and mobile keep disconnecting/reconnecting on their own.

Edit #2: fixed my issues by backing up my user data and with this flash, erasing the user-partition too. This fixed the radio and fingerprint problems I was having.