account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Pie Issues

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Android Pie Issues

Hi, 

I have noticed an issue on Android Pie. 

On Oreo I was able to see the notifications on ambient display, not the complete text of the notification, but it showed up.

On Pie, I just see the symbol (e.g. Whatsapp) but not the text only when I double tap, I then see the notification with the text on the lockscreen.

Anyone else having this issue? Setting is, that the notifications should be shown on the screen. 

Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Android Pie Issues

In XZ3, this is implemented as Always on. Due to the fact that they created a sticker at the bottom, the text of the notifications was removed. Only app icon and constant battery when raising the screen. Perhaps there will be a fix in future updates. The build number is the same as XZ3 and XZ2. There is no only facets and the reviews are not stable

5 REPLIES 5
Adviser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

In XZ3, this is implemented as Always on. Due to the fact that they created a sticker at the bottom, the text of the notifications was removed. Only app icon and constant battery when raising the screen. Perhaps there will be a fix in future updates. The build number is the same as XZ3 and XZ2. There is no only facets and the reviews are not stable

Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Another annoying thing is that the volume control now displays by default Media tab, you should go to setting to control the speaker or calls volume.

Also, the soft buttons on the bottom are always on, reducing the screen size, most likely the apps are not optimized to the android verion yet.

Checked the Device performance with antutu,it went up from 250k to almost 290k,it looks like 15% boost.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I get a dot/ full stop.

Why dont they make the roll back feature an option? I prefer the older version simply because usability was friendly. I hope they release a patch to at least restore the volume control features

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I also miss the feature with the softkeys/immersive mode. 

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Definitely agree,  there are no visible user improvements on Sony Xperia models whether it's ZX1, 2, 3 etc.
I'm having same and other problems noted here;
display issues bad enough to make it difficult to see and use,
volume key issue,
bottom navigation bar visible when unnecessary,
no url search bar at all when opening new tab??????????
What am I supposed to do with that???
Please give users a roll back option or I'm getting rid of this phone altogether!!