account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Android Pie Gestures

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 31 of 53
Message 31 of 53

Re: Android Pie Gestures

How is this still not working? Neither Fullscreen Immersive Mode is working nor Pie Gestures! Having a compact phone this really breaks usability. Get this working Sony!

Learner
Message 32 of 53
Message 32 of 53

I am so disappointed. I hope Sony find a solution. My phone is XZ1 and just yesterday updated it and I didn't find the Gestures service at all. So if the company didn't want to offer this service in the future then I will sadly start looking for another company

Rookie
Message 33 of 53
Message 33 of 53

I'm very disappointed Sony, I will not buy a Sony phone again.

Regular
Message 34 of 53
Message 34 of 53

Dont wory,download from Web fluid NG pro apk.and install...and problem solved...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 35 of 53
Message 35 of 53

Hello everyone!

@ClydeF, since gestures aren't included as for now, but this may change in the future. Feedback is very important for us, so I thank you for your post and I'll forward your feedback.

@Fadi_Sh, I understand the disappointment and hopefully it will be implemented in the future based on the feedback we have received! Slightly smiling Face

@Mingun, sorry to hear that. Is the lack of gesture navigation the only reason behind this?

@pjer, Thank you for the tip! I haven't tried this myself as I don't really feel the need to use gestures, but it's nice to have the option available if you rather want to use that! Slightly smiling Face

Thank you all for the feedback and have a nice day! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 36 of 53
Message 36 of 53

Re: Biggest Fail No Gesture Navigation

Same Here

what a massive disapointment

it raises questions about the future of sonys willingnes to give customers the option for customisation  and letting us participate on progress....

why why why ???

such a let down

Sony Xperia Support
Message 37 of 53
Message 37 of 53

Re: Biggest Fail No Gesture Navigation

Hi @LusLusLus,

I don't know why this was not included in Android Pie and for now I can't say if it will be added or not, but I will of course continue to forward the feedback from all of you.

Thank you for the feedback! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 38 of 53
Message 38 of 53

Pouting Face 

where in Android Pie gesture mode? deception

Sony Xperia Support
Message 39 of 53
Message 39 of 53

Hi @Oliv2,

We currently have not included gesture navigation in Android Pie, and cannot comment on future plans to add it. I will of course forward your feedback regarding this! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that answers your question!

Adviser
Message 40 of 53
Message 40 of 53

Hi @Jonas

If all those leaks that are coming out in recent time (pics, video, specs) that show navigation gestures, and Raw capture Sony Mobile better implement that into the maintained roster of devices. Sony Mobile have been showing the middle finger to existing user base for way too long. So start listening to your users beacuse we are the ones who praise or complain about your phones in front of other people. And by your actions in recent years you are losing the only advertisement (when people are watching Champions League no one has a clue what Xperia means) you ever had - your users.

It took 5 years of begging to implement CameraAPI2 (Full, not even level 3) which was then striped of the main feature - option to capture in RAW.

Also removing base (already implemented) Android features - navigation gestures, night light,...

As a user of Sony phones since Sony Erricson days it is dissapointing to see where Sony has fallen. And if thing keep continuing like this (screwing existing users) its only a matter of time when Sony mobile will be doomed.

And as owner of XZ2 I sure as  wont go and spend a 1100$ for Xperia 1 to get the features that your phones should have implemented in software since years ago..