account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Android Pie Gestures

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 53
Message 1 of 53

Android Pie Gestures

Hi, 

Just updated to Android Pie but I'm missing the gestures control. 

Anyone knows if this will be added in a future update? 

Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 24 of 53
Message 24 of 53

Re: Android Pie Gestures

Hello everyone! Slightly smiling Face

I'm sorry for the late reply in regards to all your questions about gesture navigation.

As some of you have already noticed, we currently have not included gesture navigation in Android Pie, and cannot comment on future plans to add it. However, we will continue to listen to customer feedback and endeavor to evolve Xperia smartphones based on their needs.

I will make sure to forward everyone's feedback regarding gesture navigation! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

52 REPLIES 52
Message 2 of 53
Message 2 of 53

@TheSireLeroy

I will escalate this question for you, hopefully, we will get an answer as soon as possible.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 3 of 53
Message 3 of 53

My Android Pie gestures control missing as well. Could be a glitch which may be solved with future updates

Message 4 of 53
Message 4 of 53

@DreamerDJ

Or, maybe Google made it exclusive to their Pixel lineup. No one knows, yet.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 5 of 53
Message 5 of 53

Hi @DreamerDJ @TheSireLeroy

According to some interviews at Xperia XZ3 launch, Sony won't adopt gesture navigation. 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Learner
Message 6 of 53
Message 6 of 53

Can we make them implement it? Or at least give us the option to enable the feature. I was really hoping to get the new gesture navigation on my xz2 compact.

Learner
Message 7 of 53
Message 7 of 53

@Diogosimoes4321

I hope they are going to implement it, although I also read that it is optional for manufacturers with custom rom.

So it'll be a wait-and-see. 

Thanx anyway. 

Talent
Message 8 of 53
Message 8 of 53

@Quester wrote:

@DreamerDJ

Or, maybe Google made it exclusive to their Pixel lineup. No one knows, yet.

No my friend, you are wrong hhhhh.

it's already available on ( Essential phone ) + ( OnePlus 6 ) + ( Nokia 7 Plus )  with Android Pie -  9.0

which means, it's not Exclusive for Google Pixel phones !

Talent
Message 9 of 53
Message 9 of 53

@diogosimoes4321 wrote:

Hi @DreamerDJ @TheSireLeroy

According to some interviews at Xperia XZ3 launch, Sony won't adopt gesture navigation. 

This is really bad Bad decision by Sony mobile team / developers 

Please add it, Many peoeple want it 

Also the new ui / design for " recent apps " still missed, Why ?

and still same old font " new one Google Sans Product " or at least support font style like others !

Please Sony !

Here OnePlus 6 with new design for " recent apps " and they app an option :

Image result for oneplus 6 android  9

Image result for oneplus 6 android 9 gestures

Learner
Message 10 of 53
Message 10 of 53

new gesture navigation system

Just got the Android Pie but can't find the new gesture navigation system .  Any body find it?