account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Pie Gestures

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 51 of 54
Message 51 of 54

Re: Android Pie Gestures

I think the best possible solution is to make two options for choosing in settings menu - the old style with back button and the new gesture method. But definitely you should bring back the dark theme. The easiset way for Sony is to leave their cellphones with Android One (pure Android) with all capabilities and two years full support. Why you bother to delete such awesome features.

Inhabitant
Message 52 of 54
Message 52 of 54

Pouting Face the same comment has been posting since past 5-6 month. .Even now u people are saying the same ... Even though we bought flagship mobiles.. We can't get them. Now we got irritating day by day.. Still haven't got full pie update yet to sony Xperia-XZ2 . 😩😢😩😩 And you are saying to wait until we get it. This is absolutely disgusting and disappointing for sony xperia fan base 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 53 of 54
Message 53 of 54

Hello everyone!

@Madbear, sorry to hear that. Slightly frowning Face

As @diogosimoes4321 wrote, the Xperia 1, Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus have gesture navigation, but not the device updated to Android Pie, or Xperia XZ3 that was launched with Android Pie.

I will of course forward your thoughts on this as feedback!

@Kockarche, that is how it works in the newly released devices, Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus and the soon to be released Xperia 1. You have the option to turn off gesture navigation if you don't like it, and use the "normal" style navigation, with the three buttons.

Regarding dark mode, this is currently not available but I'll make sure to forward your feedback about this as well and for how long a device is supported from our side when it comes to software, we aim to support all premium range devices with the latest Android OS updates for two years after the device has launched.

@Anirudh30981, I try and always respond to the new users that post in this thread and in other threads just to let me them know that I continue to forward the feedback, but I can't make any promises that there will be a change as I'm not personally responsible for this.

I doubt it has something to do with a device being a flagship model or not, since the new mid range devices (Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus) has this feature, so it has to do with something else, but I don't know exactly what the reasoning is, and I can understand that you are other users are disappointed not having this feature.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback and have an awesome Thursday!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 54 of 54
Message 54 of 54

Dear Sony Xperia Support,

just writing another comment about fullscreen navigation gestures missing from my XZ1 Compact Pie.

Really, it's sad when we compare my XZ1c with 4.6" screen and my friend's iPhone SE with 4" screen, and because of this thick navigation bar I have literally the same useful space on the screen...

Please do bump this feature request to the dev team.

Thank you!