account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Pie Gestures

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 21 of 61
Message 21 of 61

Re: Android Pie Gestures

It is missing in mine as well, how can Sony do that. 

One time poster
Message 22 of 61
Message 22 of 61

Why I don't have the gesture navigation system in my Xperia xz2 Whit Android 9?

I update my phone to Android 9 Pie. And I go to put on this new feature, but I don't see it. My model is H8216. That feature must be here, in the system section on settings(check the photos) But it don't be. (Sorry for my english, I'm Spanish)Screenshot_20181209-211715.png

Screenshot_20181209-211707.png

Sage
Message 23 of 61
Message 23 of 61

Re: Why I don't have the gesture navigation system in my Xperia xz2 Whit Android 9?

This question have been asked and answered many times in this forum, please do a search.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 24 of 61
Message 24 of 61

Hello everyone! Slightly smiling Face

I'm sorry for the late reply in regards to all your questions about gesture navigation.

As some of you have already noticed, we currently have not included gesture navigation in Android Pie, and cannot comment on future plans to add it. However, we will continue to listen to customer feedback and endeavor to evolve Xperia smartphones based on their needs.

I will make sure to forward everyone's feedback regarding gesture navigation! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 25 of 61
Message 25 of 61

Yes, Sony, please add gestures in coming update! it is essential to use the screen efficiently. Normal task bar uses up too much space. 

Thanks 

Adept
Message 26 of 61
Message 26 of 61

Hey guys, see my post in the link.

It is a healthy alternative and works great.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1/Navigation-gestures-added-for-Android-pie/m-p/1355710#M552...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 27 of 61
Message 27 of 61

Hi @Chris9991, I'll make sure to forward your feedback as well! Slightly smiling Face

@Tre1300, that's a good alternative, thank you so much for posting this! As always, be very careful when using ADB unless you are 100% sure that you know what you are doing. That goes more for the others users and not you though! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day to the both of you.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Inhabitant
Message 28 of 61
Message 28 of 61

In my opinion its not essential! its a nice to have feature that should be optional. but i understand that many are looking for this new feature.

whats more important is that Sony has not completely implemented night mode in ui nor you can use the all white option. dev settings are there but have no effect. it looks like someone got fired during work when he has not finished it. Why the **bleep** should i use night mode in daylight and i'm not allowed to chnage it to complete white ui like in Pixel 3 or AOSP as google intended it?

Visitor
Message 29 of 61
Message 29 of 61

We need gestures

Sony Xperia Support
Message 30 of 61
Message 30 of 61

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry for the late reply. I have been out of office due to vacation.

@z3c_user, you are correct. Not everyone is interested in gesture navigation but a lot of users seems to have been looking forward to it!

Regarding the night mode, do you mean a totally black theme/skin, that can also be changed to different colours?

@Abdullah112, I will make sure to forward your feedback! Slightly smiling Face

Have a nice day!