account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Alarm doesn't turn off

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Alarm doesn't turn off

If I'm in a program or an app when my alarm starts ringing, I don't find out how to turn it off..

The buttons for "Snooze" and "Off" normally comes up on the screen, but if I accidentally hit the wrong button (Minimize, home or the other one outside the screen lowest down) the morning are ruined.

I can't find the alarm app. I'll have to turn the phone off and on  or just wait for the alarm to finish (maybe 3-5minutes)

Can anyone help me out here? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Alarm doesn't turn off

@Krissan

The alarm functionality is in the "Clock" app, you can find it in your Apps drawer. If you have a clock widget on your homescreen, tapping it should also open the Clock app.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Yes, I know how to turn on an alarm. I think I didn't explained it good enough first time. I'll try again: 

The challenges starts when the alarm reach the time and starts ringing. Than it's not possible to turn off the ringing on the app. I only have one chance to push the off button on the screen . If I don't hit it or I'm in another app, the alarm will keep ringing until I turn off the phone.. 

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Just tried it on my XZ3. Once the alarm is riging, I get an overlay window on the top of the screen where I can snooze or dismiss the alarm. This window is on top of any app so it can't be missed.

For me it stays there until I

- press one of the buttons (snooze or dismiss)

- press the volume down button two times, then the alarm is also dismissed.

Since the XZ2 has the same Firmware as the XZ3, it shouldn't be any different, I think. I'm on 52.0.A.3.84.

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Wow, thank you so much :-) I'll try that :-)

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Translation via Google Translate:

Hello I have the same problem and pressing 2 times on the volume key does not solve the problem I must restart the phone xz2

Bonjour j'ai le même problème et le fait d'appuyer 2fois sur la touche volume ne résous pas le problème je doit redémarrer le téléphone xz2