account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

After Android Pie update XZ2, it constantly changes the preferred provider in the Dual Sim options!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

After Android Pie update XZ2, it constantly changes the preferred provider in the Dual Sim options!

After Android Pie update XZ2, it constantly changes the preferred provider in the Dual Sim options.

I am in the Netherlands and using 2 providers.
First sim: T-Mobile (private)
Second sim: KPN (Business)

At default i have set T-Mobile as my Data and SMS-sim and set Choose when i make a phonecall.

After de Pie update the phone changes automatically these settings to default KPN and comes up with a pop-up to restart to set all networkoperatorsettings.
When this happens i will turn it back to my own wishes manually and restart it, but this will stands for a couple of hours and then the phone wil change it back again by itself to Default KPN.

This happens 2 to 4 times a day.

Can someone help in this

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: After Android Pie update XZ2, it constantly changes the preferred provider in the Dual Sim optio

I have exacly the same issue. I set SIM 1 as the preferred one for data & SMS, and to be asked each time for calls. I also turn off data on SIM 2.

Since the update to Android Pie, the settings will automatically change to set SIM 2 as the preferred one for everything, turning data on SIM 2 back on.

Every time that happens, I get the pop up to apply nework operator settings and to reboot, with no choice but to comply, as there's only an 'Ok' button. After rebooting, I have to change the settings and to reboot again.

I have a bit more luck than the OP, as it will happen every two days and not several times a day, but it is highly annoying and makes me seriously consider downgrading back to Oreo.

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: After Android Pie update XZ2, it constantly changes the preferred provider in the Dual Sim optio

With the Xz2 compact I have the same issue. I use always the same sim card as the second is from another country and after few hours I find myself in roaming. .. 

I've contacted Sony about this  hopefully the fix will come soon.

Cheers  

Miguel Anjo 

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi Miquel,

Did you manage to solve this problem? I am having the same problem

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I think it's a bit odd..., just try to show it up in service center....