account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4GB RAM????

Commissioner
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

4GB RAM????

The rest of the market are releasing phones with 6 and 8GB of RAM and yet SONY are releasing the XZ2 with only 4GB. That's me out! Before anyone says that SONY have better RAM management and use light skins etc, my XZ has been crippled by 3GB of RAM from the outset. I'm still on 6.0.1 and it needs 4GB of RAM. If you're on Oreo you need more than 4GB or else apps and browser tabs will reload for fun. Also, I can't believe how many phones Sony bring out! My XZ is 15 months old and already they're onto the phone's SECOND replacement! Lol!
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: 4GB RAM????

Yeah.. I am planning to replace my aging xz,(which is running the latest oreo firmware) which reduced its performance compared to nougat. If they can't upgrade to at least 6gig of RAM In their upcoming  flagship within this year I will move to Samsung. 

Adviser
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Xperia XZ2 with 6GB RAM will be available in Canada, US, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Ireland, UK, United Arab Emirates, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and South Africa. 

Source: Official Sony Mobile website.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Do you have a link to the Sony mobile website where it states that? Australian site says 4gb of ram. 

Commissioner
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

@stewy851wrote:

Do you have a link to the Sony mobile website where it states that? Australian site says 4gb of ram. 

UK official SONY site states 4GB of RAM too and that was just enough for Nougat. It leaves no room for longevity because already with Oreo 4GB of RAM is the bare minimum for smooth running. When Android P comes 4GB will be too little. I like to multitask and have apps & browser tabs not reload...so I need 6GB RAM. Why do SONY always lag behind the pack when it comes to RAM? The rest of the phone's spec is fantastic! So disappointing SONY!

Adviser
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Asia region have 6gb ram 

Adviser
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

With 64gb storage with 6gb ram?

Commissioner
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

@stewy851wrote:

GSMArena with sources links Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

One time poster
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

For 64gb of storeg it is enough 4gb of ram, you phone need 6 if is more tha. 64gb, Sony xperia has very clean Android (pure Android) if you go to Samsung you need 8gb of ram cuz they have so many compromised the Android with so many apps and newer is enough and Samsung never get the latest Android software  You can try 

Commissioner
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

@amysxperiawrote:

For 64gb of storeg it is enough 4gb of ram, you phone need 6 if is more tha. 64gb, Sony xperia has very clean Android (pure Android) if you go to Samsung you need 8gb of ram cuz they have so many compromised the Android with so many apps and newer is enough and Samsung never get the latest Android software  You can try 

RAM requirements are not connected to the size of the internal storage. As for SONY running a magical version of Android that needs less RAM than any other manufacturer's devices, I'm sorry but that's just not true. I am typing this on an XZ which is running the o/s it was shipped with, Android 6.0.1 and it runs fast and stable. However it has always missed that extra gig of RAM. SONY crippled this phone by giving it only 3GB of RAM. It reloads apps and browser tabs way too readily where my friend's OnePlus with 6GB of RAM does not. 4GB was enough for Marshmallow and Nougat (at a push) but it is insufficient for Oreo, let alone Android P later in the year. My next phone will have 6GB of RAM minimum.