account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ2P issues with yellow in apps

One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

XZ2P issues with yellow in apps

I've had this a couple of days and noticed that yellows are mostly faded and with a green tint. Compared to my XZ2 they look terrible.

Photos with yellow in look fine, and yellow items seem to get more saturated a second after being displayed.

I noticed when I tried to take a screenshot to compare with my XZ2 the colours briefly looked correct, then faded back to the green tint. Screenshots all look identical regardless of colour setting, so this looks like it's an issue with how the screen modes are handling colour. 

9 REPLIES 9
Regular
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: XZ2P issues with yellow in apps

Yes, this is a software issue from sony. The root cause is that they force screen parameter to a more aggressive batter saving configuration and they do not tuning the color adjust arguments.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

I have the same problem with my Xz2p, mine is rev1.

Yellows have a green tint, I am viewing the same photo on xz premium and on xz2p and the xz premium displays the colors accurately. I've repaired the software, tried to change the white balance, changed the color gamut and contrast setting and nothing seems to work.

Is this a hardware or a software problem?

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

IMG_20181029_190212.jpg

Xz2p on the left and xzp on the right, same photo same display settings on both phones) default settings)

Please tell me there can be a software fix as I am living in Romania and I don't know any authorized Sony service

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Yes, I have the same dirty yellow colour. It sometimes bothers me but I get used to it. Ones all my colours on screen was unnatural but after restarting the ohone everything is OK.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

tomo100brt What revision Rev number is your phone? ( you can find it on the box under the phone model and color)

Mine is Rev1 H8166 18w33 and has both yellow color and touchscreen sensitivity issues.

I've been translating Chinese weibo posts and they report the same green yellow issue.

This phone doesn't seem to be that popular and I fear that there won't be a fix for it 😭

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Mine is 1314-3011 Rev 1. No touchscreen issues, only yellow is dirty. Other colours looks OK.

Learner
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

i'm iuliana7 but lost acces to my old account.

Regarding the yellow problem, i've sent my xz2p for a repair and all they did was a sofware repair that did no repair my device, now losing my account was the last straw! Sony mobile you just lost one of your customers, i'm done with the lack of support from your "local support" and the way i was treated when i asked for support with my account.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Many users who complain about this problem, but no one in sony who provides an answer. I'm in the same situation too. The yellow colors continuously change gradation. Maintaining on the improvement of the images, is achieved (in chrome especially) a contrast so aggressive that a video (fpr example) results almost "black" ... dark. Help us to solve this situation.

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Why is this still not fixed? Can any mods patch this through to the Sony team? It's really bad