account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ2 Premium touch screen problem

Message 11 of 26
Message 11 of 26

Re: XZ2 Premium touch screen problem

I said this earlyer but it doesn't matter now "This touchscreen problem existed since I got the phone though and I believe I am 3 updates in." 

Essently anything when you start to move your finger does not register very slight movements. 

Simply go to scroll the screen in Google Chrome very slowly and you will notice the screen doesn't move until you have moved a decent amount. 

Keep your finger pressed down and then move and stop a d you will see there's almost like a sensor not working or something. 

In Microsoft Remote Desktop it makes it very hard to hit some buttons because you are Essently dragging a mouse cursor on a computer. 

Message 12 of 26
Message 12 of 26

@Darksteel165 wrote:

Essently anything when you start to move your finger does not register very slight movements. 

Simply go to scroll the screen in Google Chrome very slowly and you will notice the screen doesn't move until you have moved a decent amount. 

Keep your finger pressed down and then move and stop a d you will see there's almost like a sensor not working or something. 

In Microsoft Remote Desktop it makes it very hard to hit some buttons because you are Essently dragging a mouse cursor on a computer. 

Ok, I think I get what you mean now, I'll test a bit more and see if I can replicate it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 13 of 26
Message 13 of 26

@viridis wrote:

@Darksteel165 wrote:

Ok, I think I get what you mean now, I'll test a bit more and see if I can replicate it.

Thank you. Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide or test. 

I'm at a loss as I believe the system sees my touches but just doesn't move almost like touch guard on a laptop TouchPad to prevent accidental clicks or movement.

I tested using the devolper option to pointer location. It doesn't record the movement but it does record the pressure changing when I move my finger.  Not sure what to make of it. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 26
Message 14 of 26

I have the same problem, it's very noticeable when using Chrome remote desktop

Message 15 of 26
Message 15 of 26

So this issue seem it's more apparent with devices when doing remote style works?

Remote desktops, stuff like that?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 26
Message 16 of 26

Not just with remote desktop, but also PUBG the pointer is stuck when I move a few millimeters so no precise movements for aiming, I also had this problem on my huawei P20 pro but it was solved via software update

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 26
Message 17 of 26

I've enabled glove mode and no change in sensitivity, also tested in another game and it's impossible to aim precisely.

This issue seems to be related to long press on touchscreen, the phone seems to be thinking I am trying to long press and it creates a deadzone around the finger, when I rotate the finger slightly expecting to move the pointer just a bit it doesn't work, this problem is extensively discussed on another forum but for the xz2, I don't know if I can post the link but the thread name is xz2 touchscreen sensitivity issues might affect you if you play games

Message 18 of 26
Message 18 of 26

@viridis wrote:

So this issue seem it's more apparent with devices when doing remote style works?

Remote desktops, stuff like that?

The problem is doing anything that requires you to be precise. 

Commissioner
Message 19 of 26
Message 19 of 26

@Jeffho wrote:

I've been playing PUBG with my xz2 premium and found that it suffered from the touch sensitivity issue similar to the one with xz2 (which many claimed to be fixed with the software update 51.1.A.4.265). It made aiming in first-person shooter game so difficult and I wondered when would the fix for xz2 premium be out.

Here is a video I found on youtube showing the problem: watch?v=4VR0-7Xl4LI

What can help with aiming with PUBG is to turn on the Gyroscope.

Turn on Gyroscope: always on; for both scope-zoom and regular aiming.

Reading through everyone's comments its maybe your phone, and need it exchanged because mine doesn't have that problem.

Message 20 of 26
Message 20 of 26

@pressefr wrote:

@Jeffho wrote:

I've been playing PUBG with my xz2 premium and found that it suffered from the touch sensitivity issue similar to the one with xz2 (which many claimed to be fixed with the software update 51.1.A.4.265). It made aiming in first-person shooter game so difficult and I wondered when would the fix for xz2 premium be out.

Here is a video I found on youtube showing the problem: watch?v=4VR0-7Xl4LI

What can help with aiming with PUBG is to turn on the Gyroscope.

Turn on Gyroscope: always on; for both scope-zoom and regular aiming.

Reading through everyone's comments its maybe your phone, and need it exchanged because mine doesn't have that problem.

Maybe it's everyone's phone who posts to this thread? You cant be serious can you?

This is about touchscreen/software problems not pupg.

All my other Android (or even iPhone) don't have this problem. I find it hard to believe Sony is using some special crappy touchscreens that don't work compared to everyone else.

Wish someone knew of a fix besides returning the phone...