account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

There are a few questions about the prototype.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

There are a few questions about the prototype.

I purchased the xz2premium phone in the local flea market and now I have the following questions to ask for help.

1, this phone may be a prototype, IMEI: Removed, then it can normally receive the official OTA update?

2, can you write rom?  For example, the version in mainland China is replaced by Hong Kong because Google cannot use Hong Kong and Taiwan except in China.

3. How do I view the difference between this phone and a mobile phone that is normally sold?

Below I have provided some mobile phone information in the form of pictures, please refer to.

Thank you!

IMG_20191030_202734.jpg

IMG_20191030_202646.jpg

IMG_20191030_202618.jpg

Screenshot_20191015_001057_mark.via.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: There are a few questions about the prototype.

Hi @newbaby, welcome to our forum!

Your IMEI has been removed as it is not allowed here at our forum, but it is a prototype. Prototypes are not meant to be used by end users so I can't really provide any support for your device as it is not retail devices.

For questions regarding flashing a different firmware and so on, please see our developer website on the link below.

https://developer.sony.com/

I'm sorry that I can't be of more assistance, but I hope you understand why.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.