account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony xz2 premium not receiving uphone messages.

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Sony xz2 premium not receiving uphone messages.

As of May 21,2019, I cannot receive messages from some iphone users. I am using a sony xz 2 premium, and running on Android 9, as of right now which is the most recent software update. It is not a connection issue as I am on full connection on wifi, and 4G LTE on t mobile network. I have cleared my Google message cache, and deleted all old messages. I cleaned my sim card, and ejected it and reinserted it correctly. 

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sony xz2 premium not receiving iPhone messages.

@Mackkdaddy 

Take a look at this:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204270

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I saw that link as well, however that is if I had an iPhone prior to my xz2, but I never had an iphone. I only had an iTunes account but I didn't use my phone number for it. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@Mackkdaddy 

are your friends trying to send you messages through iMessage ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: Sony xz2 premium not receiving uphone messages.

Hi @Mackkdaddy, let me see if I can be of any help here.

Is it at all possible that you have your E-mailadress or your phone number connected to Imessage? As @uliwooly mentioned, non-IOS-devices cannot receive Imessages, and if Imessage is activated for you phone number or Emailadress, this might be the cause to why cou can't receive messages sent from Iphones. you can read more about this on the support page for Imessages.

Let me know if that helped! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@uliwooly, I'm not particularly sure, but that may be the case. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@Martin, I looked on the apple website to see if my phone number was registered on imessage and it is not. I also do not have an email attached to an imessage account either. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Thank you @Mackkdaddy for your reply!

To be honest I am not super familiar with either Itunes or Imessage, but one of the images on the Itunes support page shows a section where it is possible to either enable or disable messages in Icloud. Could you possibly check if this option is enabled or not?

Let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.