account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Official XZ2 Premium announcement!

One time poster
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Official XZ2 Premium announcement!

are they going to release xz2P in the Middle East like Saudi Arabia? or maybe even in the Philippines? thanks! 

Pioneer
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Hi @empress_Love;

The best place to know that is the official Sony Xperia page of that country and look if it comes available or with the indication of “soon", or even contact their local Sony Support Team (here) to know if they have any information as this is a global user based forum. 

Visitor
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Design of XZ2 and XZ2 Premium

How you can even create such ugly design? Do you ever try it before you produce it? How you can operate with this phones when they laying on the table? How you can imagine that phone with such thickness will be salable? This is madness! Ugly camera setup, thick as elephant, heavy, FPS is in most inconvenient and uncomfortable position. Why you move it on first place? Because of US market? And the rest of the world? Do you have brains inside your heads? What about 3.5mm jack? You? Sony? The WalkMan people? Do you know how much you owe to this jack? And you remove it? Because of the trend?

You don't know anything about the market. It is obvious with every new phone...

My XZ Premium will be may last SONY phone.

Visitor
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Really? Note 8 is only 4.5mm longer, but packs 6.3" display vs 5.8" from SONY. In every other dimensions XZ2 is bigger and heavier. Can you produce a phone 236gr??? ? Are SONY designers out of their minds?

Ugly camera setup, no headphone jack, FPS on the back in the middle?!? For what? For US market?

No AMOLED, still this IPS LCD - no matter how good it is, is still LCD - there is no true black. I don't care about HDR. I like real colors.

And judging by the sells - i'm not the only one.

Maybe my last SONY phone will be XZP.

No wonder that there are rumors that SONY is leaving phone making business.

The management of the company is awful. Even I will do the job much much better.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Are you joking?

SONY what are you doing?

You are brassing off EVERY SINGLE LOYAL Sony customer by not releasing the XZ2 Premium within the UK. Your marketing department is the worst-ever and needs to be fired.

Get a grip and release the XZ2 Premium in the UK NOW!

I know why you are doing this, is that you wnat to sell as many XZ2 's as possible-but this is YOUR FAULT NOT OURS....You should have not announced it SO SOON AFTER THE XZ2

I have the XZ2 Premium and i love it-but you are repaying BRAND loyalty with betraytal. 

One time poster
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

I have had the premium models for my last 3 handsets and have been Sony since the Walkman days and c905 love all working as a manager in a well known UK highstreet retailer for 6 years I have seen all the handsets in glory and there guts when they go wrong with my current z5 premium being 3 years old almost now I'm contemplating moving to Samsung for my next upgrade if the Xz2 premium misses a UK release as it as the Xz2 isn't man enough for me to warrant an upgrade from my current phone based against its competitors and losing public faith in a brand is a nail in your Coffin just like the likes of Motorola and erricson.

link of FB profile removed

Adviser
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

This one is even heavier than XZ2?!

I really don't know how to carry such a heavy device in my pocket or for running 5k...

One time poster
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Sony's dead to me If this doesn't release in the UK.. only a year or two ago Sony wasn't even releasing phones in the USA now they are fcuking ditching us for them Hillbilly fcukers?

Adept
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Just read a professional review of this phone online. The reviewer is critical on 2 points mainly. First issue is the curved back on the phone which makes it very slippery and hard to balance. The reviewer ended up dropping the phone a few times.

Second issue is with the actual screen and the reviewer noted that the screen has a blue tint which is very difficult to get rid off. Also with the headphone jack no longer on Sony high end phones, it is another Sony phone that I've had to rule out for myself, or recommending to anyone else.