account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Crackling sound with USB headset

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Crackling sound with USB headset

Since last time system update my xz2p starts making crackling and popping noise while playing music/ watching videos from headset (sbh90c) with its usb plugged into phone.

What I've tried:

Change audio settings on my phone (not work)

Switch to Bluetooth connection (works fine, no noise)

Use my headset on other phones via usb (works fine, no noise)

Need a quick online solution for this annoying issue.

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Crackling sound with USB headset

Hi @chaujack, sorry to hear about this.

From your description of the matter at hand, int sounds like it might be the USB adapter or the Type C-port that is malfunctioning. Have you been able to test other adapters with your phone to see if the crackling noise persists?

Please get back to me with this information and I will do my best to assist you! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.