account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xz2 compact functions not working properly

Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

xz2 compact functions not working properly

I have the phone for about a month now and it updated automatically for Android 9 when I first started using it, and before I configured or installing any apps.

Everything seemed to be working fine, but as I started to know the phone a bit better I noticed some functions were not working properly.
Namely:

• icon white circle background and icon text (on home screen)
  • ambient display option (on lock screen)
  • notification dots
  • the responsiveness of the touchscreen sometimes also struggles a bit (but this might have something to do with the pretective tempered glass that I'm using)

As for the ambient display, I noticed that now it only works while the phone is plugged in.

None of the other issues works even when plugged in.

I've tried safe mode and the issues persist.
Being a Linux user can't really use Xperia Companion software because it's only developed for Win and Mac.
After contacting the support service, I was told to to a factory reset, but I'd prefer to avoid it for now, in there are any other options available that might work.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: xz2 compact functions not working properly

@scubanixcould you provide more info about what's not working properly about the things you've listed out?