account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

touchscreen ghosting swipes

Regular
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

touchscreen ghosting swipes

Since the September uodate I have a serious issue. Along with the call receiving bugs described on other topics I also have a problem with ghost swipes. Sometimes my phone gets into a "state" that triggers the notification slider even though I'm just typing, swiping or generally touching somewhere else. I can't fix it in any way I can only wait like 30 seconds before it goes back to normal. Any help?

8 REPLIES 8
Learner
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: touchscreen ghosting swipes

seems like I have the same situation

One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I've got the same issue. Did you find a solution yet by any chance?

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Well, same issue on my end. And I almost thought having dropped it (just a minor scratch) might have caused it.

Happens a lot in games here while tapping certain zones in the screen. But that differs as well. 

Let's hope it is a firmware thing that's fixable (Android Pie / 9.0.0 running here) and soon too.

Silly thing is that it seems to be intermittent so pretty hard to reproduce. That said, I read a lot of people having general touch issues (dead zones, needing to swipe 5mm before the device registers anything) so this better *be* fixable by firmware or else what... Recall? 

Apprentice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Try changing the display size to something else to see if to solves it?

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I have this exact problem, it's extremely annoying, happens sporadically. Sometimes a lock/unlock fixes it for a time, this seems like a software problem. Any news?

Pioneer
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I don't have an answer but investigating is always a good start.

- do you have five mode activated (sorry - supposed to be glove - autocorrection)

- does it happen in safe mode too?

- do you have a screen protector

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Learner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I don't have a screen protector, don't know what five mode is. And to test in safe mode I would have to run it continually, it's not feasible.

Glove mode is off and the phone passes all Xperia Tests.

Pioneer
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

You might try safe mode for a few hours.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't