account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

soft keys don't hide in Pie

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

soft keys don't hide in Pie

Hi,

After upgrade to 9, soft keys don't hide in a lot application (for example, chrome, YouTube and etc), when I used android 8, soft keys hiding successfully in the same conditions

full reset did not help for this situation

Please fix it in new update 

_20181017_200654.JPGChrome

_20181017_200947.JPGYouTube, after second try to used full screen, after first try, soft keys hide successfully

9 REPLIES 9
Regular
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: soft keys don't hide in Pie

Same here, some app even have a gap between the app area and navigation bar, too bad, hope fix so.

Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

I can also confirm this issue, even if the App has a setting to force fullscreen! In Android 8 it worked with out any Problems. Screenshot_20181018-155418.png

Regular
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Screenshot_20181019-144650.png

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Same over here ... Screenshot_20181019-175616.png

Apprentice
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hey I talked with the Support... And they said and I quot : it's not Sonys fault, it's the fault comes from the Apps.. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Is Google play movies affected like this? Looks like watching video with that white bar would be mega distracting 

Learner
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Google movies works correctly 

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Same here. And I hate it. The whole design is a mess, p.e. The shortcuts by rolling down from top bar. Wish I could downgrade... But without rooting and stuff. 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Why can't SONY just let us hide or disable this feature? Make no sense to have fully auto function which is so buggy 😑