account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

pass to shut down . possible?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

pass to shut down . possible?

hi i want to know if are there any solution to block the shutdown (with the fingerprint of pin code) .  in case if my phone was stolen can tracking before the battery off

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: pass to shut down . possible?

Hi @elkorne, welcome to our community!

There is no such setting by default in the device but there may be third party applications available in the Google Play store that adds such an option.

I haven't really thought about it until you mentioned it and it would really add an extra layer of security as the device can't be tracked when it's not turned on, at least not with the Google service called Find My Device.

I will definitely forward the suggestion internally as user feedback and let me know if you are able to find an application or service that can do this, as I'm quite interested in this myself! Slightly smiling Face

Thanks again and have a great Monday!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @elkorne, welcome to our community!

There is no such setting by default in the device but there may be third party applications available in the Google Play store that adds such an option.

I haven't really thought about it until you mentioned it and it would really add an extra layer of security as the device can't be tracked when it's not turned on, at least not with the Google service called Find My Device.

I will definitely forward the suggestion internally as user feedback and let me know if you are able to find an application or service that can do this, as I'm quite interested in this myself! Slightly smiling Face

Thanks again and have a great Monday!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

hi @jonas . i'm still searching any app to do this. but i can't not find nothing. if in the future have any upgrade that do this. can you contact me. please. im really interested in this. thanks so much for the anwser

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again @elkorne!

I'll let you know if I hear anything, but I can't make any promises that this will be added.

I will keep an eye out as well for a third party application and let you know if I find one! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great Monday!