account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

how to disable screen activation on move ?

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

how to disable screen activation on move ?

i just bought the xz2c and almost set it up to my personal preferences, but i cant find the settings to disable the following feature:

as soon as i lift the phone the screen activates ... how can i disable it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: how to disable screen activation on move ?

@CrimpOn @NAPHi 

From Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Lock screen preferences -> Ambient display -> turn off.

You can also type "Ambient display" in the search box of the Settings menu to find it quickly.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

I, also, have not found an option to disable screen activation.  It appears to me that there are multiple factors involved.  My practice is to press the power button when putting the phone down or in my pocket (after sad experience with a previous phone that would always wake up the camera when placed in my pocket and drain the battery).  The screen goes black.  Sometimes when I pick it up, the unlock screen appears, background picture and all.  Sometimes, it remains black.  Sometimes, I get a black screen with the clock.  It may have to do with how long it has been out of my hand.

Beats me.

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@CrimpOn @NAPHi 

From Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Lock screen preferences -> Ambient display -> turn off.

You can also type "Ambient display" in the search box of the Settings menu to find it quickly.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

thanks a lot !

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi @CrimpOn,

In this case I think that the function that is causing this is called "New notifications". This function wakes the screen whenever you receive notifications. You can disable this function by going to Settings > Display > Advanced > Lock screen preferences > Disable the slider next to the text "New notifications".

Try this and let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thanks.  SO MANY choices!  I absolutely LOVE this phone.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I am delighted to hear that you managed to sort it out, @CrimpOnSlightly smiling Face

Feel free to return to us if you have any other questions! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.