account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia xz2 compact display looks almost pixelated. Faulty or not?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia xz2 compact display looks almost pixelated. Faulty or not?

I recieved my xz2c in the post the other day and although the screen is bright and clear, it has an almost textured appearence as though each of the pixels are outlined in grey. It's most noticable when displaying white, and esspecially obvious when I'm reading with the phone held closer to my face than I normally would. I never noticed anything like it on my z3c, so it seems odd that this phone, which should have a better screen, should look as it does. Is this how all screens look, or is mine appearing oddly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia xz2 compact display looks almost pixelated. Faulty or not?

I can see that on my screen as well. It's not pixelated. It is the digitizer wires of an in-cell touch screen. You can see the lines here: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-XZ2-Smartphone-Review.301284.0.html#toc-display-great-colo... . This is XZ2 because I can't see the same thing on their review of the compact. Z3c does not have this because it's not an in-cell display.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Regular
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

I can see that on my screen as well. It's not pixelated. It is the digitizer wires of an in-cell touch screen. You can see the lines here: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-XZ2-Smartphone-Review.301284.0.html#toc-display-great-colo... . This is XZ2 because I can't see the same thing on their review of the compact. Z3c does not have this because it's not an in-cell display.

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thank you for expalining. I'm not a fan of the lines, they're kind of distracting, and I feel it ruins the screen a little.