account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ2 Compact not working and this forum solved my problem by marking my message as SPAM

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia XZ2 Compact not working and this forum solved my problem by marking my message as SPAM

I have this phone and I cannot get wifi at home.  Please read the message you deleted as spam 'cause I do not plan to type all of that in again. Particularly since I have a measure of your appreciation for my attempt to communicate.

Hidden (not broadcast) SSid and not able to connect

There are some old topics saying this phone will not connect to hidden SSid but I thought this problem was fixed?  

I have a hidden network and I have mac filtering.  On this phone I added my home network to wifi and managed to connect a few times.  (My router interface showed the phone as an attached device and phone settings showed an internet connection). I have now updated to the lastest software build 52.0A.10.6  

I have not managed to connect to wifi since this latest build.  I refuse to change my home wifi setup but I am willing to cable the phone to my pc to get internet at home.  I am using the cable which comes with the controller for my Nintendo Switch.

Maybe I am doing something wrong?  Maybe there is a faq on cabling the phone to my pc for internet.  Or any decent suggestion?

Edit.  I have internet from my network at the moment.   I am Bluetooth tethering to an iPhone 5s and I updated to build 52.0.A.11. 3 without immediately connecting to the internet.  I checked back an hour later and I see my SSid showing connected and I am able to edit my post.

Edit a few hours later....  I had to go out. When I came in I could not get wifi or Bluetooth with the iPhone. After 20 minutes of nothing happening, I let the iPhone sit on its wifi menu until it connected.  The wifi 'tab' of the Xperia's setting menu said "not connected".  I entered the wifi menu and there it was connected.  Still kind of clueless here but it ended well. 

Edit not long after ... I went out again.  When I came back in, I just turned off mobile data and left the rest of the setting menu alone.  I tapped on Pokemon Go hoping somehow I had internet and I did.

Guess it is working now?  It just need a few minutes?

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia XZ2 Compact not working and this forum solved my problem by marking my message as SPAM

@CrossingMidnight 

I'm sorry about that, I don't know why your post was flagged, I'd copy/pasted it here, hope you don't mind. 

As for your issue, I've encountered a similar issue with an Xperia 1 & XZ1, I'll try to test again it in few hours 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia XZ2 Compact not working and this forum solved my problem by marking my message as SPAM

Over all I am pleased with this phone.  It reads my finger print. 

It seems that I need to broadcast my SSid when the XZ2 compact fails to connect. (I can turn off the SSid again as soon as the phone connects). After it connects finishing the set up by tapping

"internet setting"  makes it gold.