account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ2 does not charge from power adapter, but only from PC

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XZ2 does not charge from power adapter, but only from PC

I have an issue with my XZ2 compact; It will not charge from any (tried several) wall chargers (via USB). It only charges if I connect it to my laptop USB (same cable).

I tried many things like hard reboots/resets while charging, reinstalling/repairing  the software with Xperia Companion, but nothing resolves the issue. 

The USB socket is clean.

If I connect it to a wall chargers, the red light goes on and charge symbol appears on the screen, but it is not charging; battery level slowly decreases. If I connect it to a powerbank, the powerbank goes to off after while, indicating that no current is drawn. 

Anyone a clue?

2 REPLIES 2
Learner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XZ2 does not charge from power adapter, but only from PC

Looks similar to this issue:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ2/Issue-with-charging-port/td-p/1346152

But no solution is found there. 

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XZ2 does not charge from power adapter, but only from PC

Phone has been repaired and charging again.