account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ2 compact on Verizon's MVNO total wireless in the US

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

XZ2 compact on Verizon's MVNO total wireless in the US

Hello everyone,

I very much hope to find out whether my new XZ2 Compact would work on Total Wireless. 

I purchased model H8314 Si 1315-1117 as I was under impression that it is the right model for the USA market and is Verizon compatible. 

However, whenever I enter the IMEI # on Verizon's website for bringing your own device, I'm told that this device isn't supported. 

I haven't opened the box as I don't want to break the seal and to avoid paying the restock fee for returning the phone.

The only information at my disposal are the 3 numbers under corresponding barcodes on the box.

I will be very grateful if someone could tell me whether this particular device will work on Total Wireless which operates on Verizon's network. 

Many thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: XZ2 compact on Verizon's MVNO total wireless in the US

Hi @DimaCA;

XZ2 Compact and Verizon have already been discussed in the Forum, read for example here: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ2-Compact/Xperia-XZ2-Compact-on-Verizon-MVNO-Red-Pocket/m-p/...

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi there!  

I have a new US-Unlocked Xperia XZ2 compact and I currently am using Total Wireless. I found this link, that suggested changing the APN name from " VZWINTERNET" to "TRACFONE.VZWENTP" .... and so far it's working, I didn't have to change any other settings.

Good luck Slightly smiling Face

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz2-compact/help/xz2-compact-apns-locked-t3822851

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

That's amazing. I have the same phone and carrier and I can't receive texts despite changing the APN. Frustrating.